Friday, July 13, 2012

Riya's miracle - An Inspiring Story

Riya was in her magical age of eight when she heard her mother and father talking about her little brother Andrew. All she knew was that he was very ill and that she had no money at all. Next month, they should move to a flat floor, because Daddy did not have the money for medical bills and the house. Only a very costly surgery could save him yet, and no one seemed to give, which would lend them the money. She heard her daddy her tearful mother with hopeless voice said: 'Only a miracle can save him yet.'

Riya went to her bedroom and pulled a glass jelly jar hiding in the closet. She poured all the coins on the floor and counted it carefully - had three times the total sum to be exactly the right one. Error was excluded entirely.


She carefully put the coins back into the glass, turning the lid on it and slipped out the back door. She went on six city blocks along to Rexall's Drug Store with the big red Indian Chief sign above the door. She went to the department with the pharmacist in the back of the store.

Patiently she waited for him, she noticed, but he had to do just too much. Riya made a squeaking noise with their feet. Nothing happened. She cleared her throat, trying to sound disgusting. Nothing happened. Finally, she took a coin from her glass and slammed it on the glass counter. This was successful! 'And were you going?' Asked the pharmacist in a bored tone. 'I maintain just me and my brother from Chicago whom I have not seen her for ages, 'he said without an answer to his question to be seen.

'Well, I want to talk to you about my brother,' Riya was back in the same bored tone. 'He is very, very sick and I want to buy a miracle. " "What?" Said the pharmacist. 'His name is Andrew and his head is growing evil, and my father says only a miracle can save him yet. So what does a miracle? '' We do not sell miracles here, little girl. I'm sorry, but I can not help you, "the pharmacist said, with some friendly voice. 'Listen, I have money to pay for it. And if this is not enough, I'll get the rest yet. Please tell me only how much it costs.

The pharmacist's brother was a well-dressed man. He stooped down and asked the little girl: 'What does a miracle for your brother?' 'I do not know, "replied Riya and her eyes filled with tears. 'I only know that he is really sick and Mommy says he needs an operation. But my Daddy can not pay it, so I would like to take my money. 'How much do you have?' Said the man from Chicago. 'A dollar and eleven cents, "Riya answered barely audibly. 'And that's all the money I have, but I can get more if I have to.'

Well, what a coincidence, "smiled the man, 'A dollar and eleven cents - the exact price for a miracle for little brothers' He took her money in one hand and with his other hand he grasped her and said,' Show me where you live. I want to see your brother and meet your parents. Let's see if I have the miracle you need. '

These well-dressed man was Dr. Carlton Armstrong, a surgeon who specializes in neuro-surgery. The surgery was performed free of charge, and it did not last long, as Andrew was home again and it went well. Mom and Dad talked happily about the events that had joined as well. 'This operation, "her mom whispered,' it was a real miracle. I would like to know what she has probably cost. ' Riya smiled. She knew exactly how much does a miracle ... one dollar and eleven cents ... and the faith of a little child.
A miracle is not the abolition of a law of nature, but the implementation of a higher law ...

No comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...